Saturday, February 4, 2012

Something worth writing about.

Epic Fail. I didn't want to become a blogger because I didn't want to become that person who blogs three times and is never to be heard of again. I wrote exactly three times...and then it was 3-ish months later. Crap.

My issue is I begin a blog and then erase it because I think, this is not worth reading. However, something amazing just happened so I'm going to blog about that.

My big sister, one of the most beautiful examples of what a woman is and should be in my life, got married. WOOT WOOT. And I knew it was going to be awesome but it ended up being breathtaking. Somehow Jenny transformed a beautiful, old church in to a magical world of candlelit romance. Seriously, as soon as we got there on the wedding day with her team of girls running around setting up, I just wanted to grab my man and kiss him because I had just entered in to a romance novel in my mind.
She picked out maybe the most perfect music on the planet which made me cry...and I say again I'm not a cry-er so kudos to Jen. It may have been a mixture of the music plus watching my best friend in her beautiful (I mean ridiculously beautiful) wedding dress walking towards this man who was going to become my family in a moment.




















AND THEN. Libby the wonder woman of all that is decorating transformed Cobblestone Hall in to this vintage, shic, every girl in the room was coveting - land. I wanted to have a wedding all over. I'm sure most of the already married girls reading this can relate. I loved my own wedding but every time I go to a wedding I just want a do-over because there are so many things you wish you did. Don't even get me started on how bitter I am that pinterest wasn't a thing until after I got married. Every girl from now on has no excuse because that site is a goldmine, GOLDMINE. I wish I could just post a million pictures of this wedding and stop talking about it but my camera sucks like you wouldn't believe so I have only poor representations of the beauty. You can stalk Juliefaith.com for pictures, she's only one of the greatest photographers I know :)


This is a very blogged about wedding already but I had to put in my two cents because I was inspired all over to be a blogger when I was home. Probably because I miss it so bad and it's a small way for me to feel like I'm still connecting with all of you back in the good old NC. I had this moment of panic when Jen was leaving, like I was losing her because I had to say goodbye without knowing when we would say hello again. I know...sappy sad, I'm turning in to some foreign version of myself. Distance has never affected me this strongly before. There is something so hard about being in really new eras of life, marriage and babies and new family, and being so so far away. We feel like we are missing everything.

So this is a request for everyone in my life to blog about everyday, hour by hour, so we don't feel left out. I mean...that's a joke, but if you want to I'm really supportive of that idea and I can guarantee you I won't do the same. Three months since the last blog. It's just kind of embarrassing. To all of you really good bloggers out there who have this "aww good for them" sense with those of us who suck at it, I work full-time and I don't like being on the internet for long periods of time because I can actually feel my brain starting to hurt. But I will try at this. Because I do really think it is awesome and covet everyone that has more than 10 followers and somehow got ADs (seriously how do you get ads? that's crazy!?) We can all thank the beautiful day of January 22, 2012 for inspring my return.

Plus Chris and I have been cooking up some yummy-ness recently that needs to be shown off, and I WHILL. (if you caught the Hot Rod reference you can just let me know because Chris and I would like to be your new best friend) 

1 comment: